Teresa G. Donnellan, Esq.
- Family Law
- Matrimonial Law
Teresa G. Donnellan is the Managing Partner of Donnellan Law, PLLC. Attorney Donnellan is a graduate of Albany Law School and has been admitted to the New York State Bar since 1992. She commenced her career with the Legal Aid Society of Suffolk County wherein she worked for the Law Guardian and Family Court Bureaus. After leaving Legal Aid, she joined the law firm of Schoenberg & Associates in Saratoga Springs where she continued to practice in the areas of family and matrimonial law until 1996, wherein Attorney Donnellan commenced her law practice concentrating on the areas of family and matrimonial law. Attorney Donnellan has been a member of the Saratoga County and Warren County Attorney for Children panels throughout her career in the Capital District and served as the Saratoga County Attorney for the Child Liaison.
Attorney Donnellan is an active member of multiple area organizations such as the American Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, the Saratoga County Bar Association, the Women’s Bar Association, and the Collaborative Divorce Association of the Capital District. She has been mentioned twice in the Saratoga Business Journal for her work with the Collaborative Divorce Association of the Capital District. Attorney Donnellan is a former member of the Board of Directors for the Open Arms Adoption Agency, an adoption network serving Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and Delaware. She has had the honor of speaking to foster parents at Northeast Parent & Child Society regarding the role of Attorneys representing children in Foster Care. She has also had the opportunity to speak to SUNY Albany students earning Master’s Degrees in Social Work concerning the role of Attorneys for Children and the New York State Court System and to members of the local bar association with respect to ethics and the field of matrimonial law.
Attorney Donnellan continues to mentor students from Albany Law School who desire to learn about the field of Matrimonial and Family Law.
Super Lawyers has recognized Attorney Donnellan as among the top 5% of attorneys in New York. They are selected through peer nominations and evaluations along with third party research. Super Lawyers is a research-driven, peer influenced rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
- New York, 1992
- New York State Bar Association, Member, Present
- Saratoga County Bar Association, Member, Present
- Adirondack Women’s Bar Association, Member, Present
- Collaborative Divorce Association of the Capital District, Member, Present
- American Bar Association
- Collaborative Divorce Association of the Capital District
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner
- Top 5% of attorneys in New York State, Super Lawyers, 2015 and 2016
- AVVO rating of Excellent
- Mentioned twice in the Saratoga Business Journal
Classes & Seminars
- Mentor, Albany Law School
- Former Member of the Board of Directors for the Open Arms Adoption Agency
- The Donnellan Law Firm, Owner, 1996 to 2008
- Schoenberg & Associates in Saratoga Springs, Associate Attorney, 1994 to 1996
- Legal Aid Society of Suffolk County, Associate Attorney, 1992 to 1994